Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas


My youngest daughter, Ruth, teaches English Second Language in a private school in Japan. She misses good 'ol American cooking and often request recipes from home. I thought I would share them here so that she can have a quick reference and a love note from home. I have to confess that I also thought that I might make a few friends out there in blog world as well.
Do you mark your recipes with a smiley face like I do? It is something I started doing years ago. Those little smiles sure come in handy when I just don't know what to put on my menues for the week. Chicken Enchiladas is a family favorite, a recipe with a smile.


Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken, boiled and de-boned
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz) bottle of taco sauce
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
1 pkg, cheddar cheese, grated
1 pkg Monterey Jack cheese, grated
2 pkg (8 oz) flour or wheat tortillas

Put 2-3 cups of small pieces of chicken in a large bowl. (freeze the rest for another recipe) canned chicken would be fine for this recipe. Add 1 can soup, taco sauce, sour cream and 1/2 of both cheeses and mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons or more in flour or wheat tortillas and roll. Place folded side down in pan sprayed with Pam. Spread other can of soup on top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Freezes well. I use a 9x13 inch pan for this recipe.

No comments: